WTB: Factory Service Manual For A 1996 Camry

I would like to buy a Factory Service Manual (not one of the aftermarket ones like Chilton's etc.) for a 1996 Camry.

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

I would like to buy a Factory Service Manual (not one of the aftermarket ones like Chilton's etc.) for a 1996 Camry.

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

- buy from Dealer - bid on eBay - need to keep checking or purchase model year close to yours, none seem to be available right now for 1996. This is probably the best source for reasonable pricing, if you don't need the manual right away. For the low cost, you can read the Haynes (much better than Chilton) in the interim. Figure can take 6 - 9 months sometimes, but if I remember correctly, I found the two volume factory set on eBay for around $50 versus around $180 from the Dealer - but that involved passing on the first one or two sets offered and waiting for an auction to meet my price. Now that I remember, I first purchased the first volume only, (engine and maintenance, plus cooling and wiring diagrams) for the year before the one I actually wanted, and then when the lower priced two volume set for my year came up, purchased them, and sold the first volume back on eBay, so net cost was still reasonable. My set was sold by someone who purchased new with the vehicle and then sold the factory manual when the car was sold to someone who wouldn't have used it. Was in like new condition. - or call: Toyota Publications, 800-622-2033

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus