'00 Prerunner, rust on bed hooks and door pillar hardware.

Other than going to the dealer and paying more than I should, anyone have a link where I can pick up replacment bare bed (cargo securing) hooks, screws, and also the driver's door hook (mounted on the pillar, secures the door) hardware?

These things are beginning to rust heavily and I want to replace them before they rust solid and (in the case of the door jamb) before the rust affects the paint finish....

It's odd, because not all of the bed hooks are rusted, and the passenger door securing hook is clean as a whistle...

Thanks -

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

Why not a junkyard (either local or online)? Those aren't likely to be damaged in an accident, and probably don't get replaced all that often, either.

Reply to
Andy Hill

Andy,

I've thought about that, but figured many of those might be rusted as well. I suppose I could make a call or two....

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

Are you in an area where they salt (or one of those other nasty corrosives) the roads in winter? If so, then used parts from the Sunbelt would probably be rust-free.

Reply to
Andy Hill