03 4Runner radio reception

Anyone agree it is not as good as it should be, especially the more distant stations? Too much static and too much fading of signal. Very poor for such a great vehicle overall.

SE 1,900 miles.

Reply to
Bob H

Your lucky to have any decent broadcasts. The broadcasts are so dumbed-down here that I think I'm going to switch to XM.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Morgan

Depends on lots of things. The *HONEST* range for FM radio is about 60 miles, assuming no physical obstructions like mountains. Then, you need to know how much power the stations are running.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Well, I'm making the judgement by other vehicles I drive. My Tundra gets much better reception. The trade-in for the Runner got better reception. My daughter's Ford gets better reception. A recently rented Malibu got better reception. My mother's 1990 Marquis gets better reception.

Reply to
Bob H