03 Tundra Extended Warranty transfer question.

I have bought a 2003 Tundra, and the original owner explained to me that he had purchased a transferable Extended Warranty ( ...how long extended ? ), for 7 or 8 hundred bucks, and it will transfer to me. The seller filed the form or notice to Toyota and two months have passed without me hearing from Toyota. My Question(s):

  1. Does Toyota notify or simply keep a cyber-file of it's warranties ?
  2. Is there anything I should know or beware of, re: Warranty ?
  3. Is there an On-line registry that tracks by VIN, vehicle info ?

Any knowlege or advice is appreciated.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr

These are not extended warranties; actually extended service contracts...legally not a warranty.

Who is the underwriter of the service contract? Did you get any paperwork about the service contract from the seller? They should have given you some paperwork and you can contact the underwriter. If it was Toyota, it was Toyota Finance that underwrites the service plans.

Do read the fine print on the contract to see exactly what you have, what is covered, what is not, what you must do to maintain coverage, and how you prove you followed the requirements on you. Do not assume anything...read the fine print.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton