03 Tundra tires

I'd like to replace my stock tires with something set up better for snow and off road, but without sacraficing much on road drivability.

I have an 03 Limited Access Cab, with 17 inch wheels and wouldn't mind something a little taller than the 265/65/17 that came on the truck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Emery Rowand

I'm a few thousand miles away from replacing mine, but a mechanic I trust (based on past successes with tires) has been raving about the Nokia WR. That's the whole model designation - WR. It's made for SUV/pickup applications, but for better on-road mileage and rain/snow handling. The ones that came with my 02 Tacoma are dubious in the rain. ====================

I have an 03 Limited Access Cab, with 17 inch wheels and wouldn't mind something a little taller than the 265/65/17 that came on the truck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Doug Kanter

No suggestions except not to forget that a different size tire will affect the accuracy of your speedometer and odometer.

Reply to
Frank

I have an 03 Limited Access Cab, with 17 inch wheels and wouldn't mind something a little taller than the 265/65/17 that came on the truck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
PC User

off road, but without sacraficing much on road drivability.

something a little taller than the 265/65/17 that came on the truck.

I have jsut about worn out a set of Goodyear ATS, got about 40k on the set. Haven't run them much in the snow, but they have been great offroad, only had to replace 1 (sidewall cut offraoding) I am looking for new tires right now, and I think thay I am going to go with BFG ATs

John Anderson WTF?

Reply to
John Anderson