03 Tundra trailer hitch and/or harness/pin-outs?

Hello,

I want to tow a 2,500 lb boat/trailer with my 6cyl Tundra. I've seen a couple of brand new different makes on eBay ~ $80.00. Can sombody please comment on a hitch and/or wiring harness for my truck? What does it for you? Does anybody have the trailer connector pin-outs? Thank you.

RG

Reply to
RG

All hitch receivers are about the same...buy the one with the best paint. You'll also need a ball mount of the correct drop and a ball of the correct weight rating, ball size, and shank size.

Buy the plug-in electrical adapter specific for that truck from an auto parts store.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Put a lock on the pin on your reciever hitch. I was towing a 3000# trailer, cross country, with my 02 Tacoma. After having lunch at a truck stop, I checked the rig, and someone had removed the clip holding the pin in!!!! SOB Thank God I saw it. It would have been ugly. Take the pin and drill a hole for a padlock. Or spend the bucks, and buy a locking pin. K

Reply to
Over40pirate