04 4runner question (seat is loose)

Just got my 04 4runner with 4000 miles on it and I have a question. The driver's seat (which was solid as a rock) now can be lifted up under my legs and it wobbles. Is this what I have to look forward to on my first Toyota? My last car was a Hyundai XG350L with no problems in 38K miles. By the way, the stereo is far superior in the XG. Sounds like I'm listening to a stereo between 200Hz to 8000Hz, no highs or lows, just mid range.

Reply to
4runnerC

Go to the dealer. Really. There was this same problem in the 94(?) Camry. There are small ball bearings captivated in the seat rails, and they probably got loose and fell out. It's a BITCH to get the seat rails apart, and with only 4000 miles, why bother? Get a new seat!

Reply to
HachiRoku

My 2003 4 Runner had the same issue when I bought it... they had to add some washers to the bolts or something... i guess there is a TSB on this... its been very good for the year that I owned it..

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Sitting on loose seat is irritating everytime I hit the brake. So I bought my '03 4Runner to the dealer asking for the loose seat be fixed. They told me to wait until Toyota issue a service bulletin. If he put in a new seat, same problem will surface again.

Hmm..that's nice. I have 1.5 more years (or 20K miles) to wait before the warranty expired.

Reply to
DaviT

The seat was never loose in my Hyundai (nor my wifes Hyundai either). I can't beleive I sold my 2002 Hyundai to buy a 2004 4Runner with a loose seat. They have replaced it, Toyota (factory) has been out and looked at it and said "yep, it's loose" There all like that! Trust me, this is NOT a troll! Walk upto ANY 03, 04 or 05 SR5 and wiggle the front driver seat (lift where the front of the seat) and you will see a LOT of play. That's on a new one. Now I have 20K miles on it (with the new seat) and it's still loose. I hate to say it, but I think Toyota sold you guys a bill of goods. I will never buy a Toyota again, I might as well save the $10,000 I paid extra and buy a Hyundai Santa Fe. My wifes 2002 Santa Fe is still rock solid and I have to listen to her evryday about the $30000 Loose seat

4Runner!

If Toyota cares my email is: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
4RunnerCA

All the best in getting Toyota to respond to that post.

YOu know if you have a bit of mechanical nouse its an easy fix. All you need to do (usually this is) is to squeeze the runner rails in a bit the entire legnth of the rail, or pack it out a bit. The Toyota all have some play there but not a lot. Try removeing the seat and tightening everything thats able to be tightened and have a look as to whats moving with excess play under there. Nothing to it pulling a seat out.

Reply to
Scotty