100 Amp Alternator in '01 Tundra SR5 AC 4x4 with 4.7L V-8, AT and Tow Package

I am buying a '01 Tundra SR5 AC 4x4 with 4.7L V-8, AT and Tow Package installed at the port. The alternator is 100 Amp. Beginning at least in

2003, Tundras have had a 130 Amp alternator as part of the Factory Towing Package.

My vehicle has the standard electrical equipment and accessories and AM FM Cassette CD with 6 speakers. I will not be adding any winches, lights or other additional electrical equipment to the truck, but occassionally will be pulling a boat & trailer weighing just over 5,000 lbs. The trailer is a

2002 LoadRite boat trailer with tandem axles, surge-type disc brakes on all four wheels and it has the DOT standard lights.

Is the 100 Amp alternator sufficient when I am towing or do I need the 130 Amp alternator?

Sandy

Reply to
NoSpam

No problem. The bigger alternator is mainly for charging the battery in travel trailers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Thanks for the info. Sandy