1985 Toyota 2.4L diesel destruction video

This is a great video from Top Gear featuring a 1985 Toyota 2L Hilux diesel that is put through some astonishing torture tests in an attempt to "break it".

Windows Media

51.3mb - 20mins 28secs running time

Sidney Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 244 000 KM
Reply to
Sidney

I'd really like to see this, but we don't do microsoft in this home/business. A mpg would be nice. I haven't updated xine or mplayer in awhile, maybe one of them will work. If nothing else, I guess I'll have to burn it to disk and go to someone elses computer to check it out.

BTW, I just drove my mini-RV (junker) today. The 1978 Hilux that powers it still runs great. It's a gas engine though. In a few years, I'll have to rip the back off of it and turn it into a work truck.

Reply to
Chuck

Now that was a great video to see. It was more of a panal damage show then working the truck to the ground.

skozzy

Yeah I agree, a few burnouts and corregated roads thrown in plus maybe a few big jumps wouldve made the show much more interesting eh.

Scotty

The old version of MPlayer I have works fine for playing back this video. Just try it.

Reply to
Eddie

Thanks for the advice. I'd just upgraded the OS, and the mplayer output setting got changed. I changed it to X11 and it worked great.

Reply to
Chuck

The frame breakage may not have happened on a newer truck. The spot they showed the break is the exact same spot my 85 parts truck rusted through on both sides. In fact, it was just like my truck with the body holding it together and bouncing on the rear bumper made the truck fold.

The scarry thing was that the kid I bought the truck from kept driving it till the clutch gave out and I gave him $100 for it.

Chuck