1985 Toyota Pickup -- Idle Speed Adjustment

Hello, I'm a newbie here. Just bought my first Toyota ever, a 1985 pickup with 146K miles. The engine starts readily and pulls well. The idle is smooth, but that's the problem. The truck failed state inspection today because the idle is too high. How does one adjust the idle? I don't see any idle stop screw or idle mixture screws. All the vacuum hoses look good... no cracks, no breaks, nothing mysteriously disconnected or blocked off. Please advise.

Daniel B. Martin

Reply to
Daniel B. Martin

would have helped a little if you told me what kinda engine it was. if its the 22r, look on the left side of the engine. there are scrwes. neer the throttle cable thing that rotates.... giving your engine gas. but yeah. im too tired to think of the name, but uhh... yeah. screw. there. find it!

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe