1987 4x4 fan

I noticed last summer the bottom 2 speeds on my Toy fan for h/c seem to be GONE...the top 2 are enough for heating and cooling but the top speed in winter can get obnoxious.Do you think this is a fan motor problem or is the fan ran off a rheostat that can be replaced? Goaty

Reply to
Vencil Selvage

It is likely the resistor pack that controls the motor speed that needs replacing. Typically, you lose the lowest speed first, then each successively higher speed as each resistor segment fails:

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown