1988 rebuilt yota engine???? NEED ADVICE DESPERATELY

AFTER sitting in my yard for 2 years, I yanked the engine, a 22-re, replaced the crank and all the bearings. I cleaned everything meticulously ,checked everything to tolerance that was not replaced , lubed all the journals and torqued eveything to specs. My PROBLEM is now that everthing is back in the engine compartment. The timing is correct. I get spark. I drilled a small hole in the air induction to inroduce WD40 ( very Flammable with a lubricant) as a strarting fluid. VOILA!! It ran, but only as long as it was fed the WD> so, I checked the fuel pump and lines ,,,, NO PROBLEM with that.,,,, moving to to the fuel rail,. injectors and pressure regulator. NOT getting any fuel flow out of the injectors but it is coming thru the rail and flowing back out the pressure regulator. MY next step was to pull the intake and injectors to make sure they were not clogged .Checked off the rail ,they are working,,, reinstalled them. Once again,, NO FUEL flow.!! SO it must be electrical in nature, I figure. I performed the check as the repair manual stated, to disconnect the cold start connection and the pigtail off of # 1 cyl. and connect a test lamp to check for an elec. impulse. THE LIGHT STAYS CONSTANT AND DOES NOT FLASH as it is supposed to. Can anyone who knows ,,or has an idea of what could be wrong ,,,,,PLEASE,,PLEASE help,, 1988 early 89 4x4 22-RE(not an sr5)

Reply to
steve bray

There is a ground connection in the middle of the intake and also check the ballast resistor for the injectors., it sits on the passenger side inner fender.

Reply to
Roger Brown