1990 4 wheel drive noise when engaged

Other people have connected this symptom to dry and binding drive shaft spines in 2 wheel drive (needing greese on the spines). Could the be the same problem with four wheel drive? How easy is it to remove and inspect the front drive shafts?

Reply to
type name here

I have a 90 Toy 4X4, when I have the hups locked but not in four wheel drive I feel a slight vibration coming from the front end. When I engage the four wheel drive, high, the entire transmission, gear shift and the front end vibrate violently at about 30-35 mph and then it decreases. All the bolts holding the front drive shaft are tight, drive shaft itself feels tight as well. I run 33's and I rotated them without a change in vibration. Could this be the hubs, driveshaft, axles or even the pinion gears? Thanks in advance for any info. JMach1

Reply to
JMach

Reply to
JMach