1990 PU transmission

The transmission in my 1990 base model 4 speed toyota pickup needs to be replaced. Before I go visiting my local used parts dealers, can anyone tell me how I determine what other model Toyota car and truck trannies will fit my truck? Thanks in advance for your help.

Clark in Texas

snipped-for-privacy@netstarte.com

Reply to
Clark Smith
2wd or 4wd? automatic or maual? - base so ASSUME 2wd manual - AISIN W46. One from an 89-95 Pickup will work. The junkyard has an interchange book they use. I'd consider going with the 5 spd --- you gain about 3 mpg (22-26 mpg vice 19-23). Unless have contact in the rust belt - Both are difficult to come by so you might want to consider having yours rebuilt.
Reply to
Wolfgang