1991 Truck Motor, 22R-E, must go

I have a 22R-E I put into an '85 Celica GTS this spring. Shortly after, the exhaust broke, the fuel system leaked, the spring dropped on the tire, and the frame rotted! Of course, all this couldn't happen BEFORE the swap.

So, 22R-E, fits 1985 to 1997. 160,000 miles chain replaced at 120,000, doesn't smoke (or drink...) or rattle or groan, it just runs. It's a shame, this engine had 20 more HP than the original and the car was FAST!!!

Scrap value is @250, I paid $300 for the engine in Novemeber, and $300 to have it installed. Looking for BO Over Scrap. New England.

Reply to
Hachiroku

What was your question again?

Reply to
Scotty

Do you want a 22R-E with 160,000 for your truck???

It runs too good to scrap it, but the car is pretty much done. I hate to do it, but the crossmember at the front of the car has rotted through.

Figured if someone has a blown motor in a decent body they might be interested. Before I send it to the junkyard, because the LAST Toyota I sent for scrap could have helped someone in the Toyota group a mere 3 weeks later.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ah no, sorry cant help you there. Now if it was a 1UZE, I would take it off your hands.

Reply to
Scotty

A, well...I really hate to just scrap it, it runs very, very well.

Reply to
Hachiroku