1995 Landcruiser bearing noise?

Just bought used Landcruiser and I love it.

From between 45 to 70 mph I have noticed a whine come from under the

middle to the rear of the truck. Only occurs under load , very quiet under coasting condition.No vibrations at all. Is this just normal driveline/gear noise and i'm not use to it, or is it diff. bearing problem? I did drive a 97 LC to compare and it had a somewhat less whining noise at highway speed. No oil leaks, all diffs have good fluid levels. What's a quick check underneath to be sure?

Reply to
nakayayamot

in article snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, nakayayamot at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 4/22/06 12:33 PM:

I also have a '95. They are wonderful vehicles, but not particularly quiet! I don't know what you have; could be a rear-end bearing, carrier bearing, or who knows what. You'll love that truck.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

Took to 2 dealers, one said sounds like front diff, should replace diff carrier (quickest), the other dealer, the one which sold it to me claims its the tranny mount that is broken and the subsequent movement of the tranny against it is causing the resonance (whine). I'm waiting for the tranny mount part and going that route first . This is a $250 cost as compared to $2000+ for the front diff carrier.

Reply to
nakayayamot