1996 4Runner Heater Troubles

The wife came home today and said the heater isn't working in our 96

4Runner (SR5 V6 AUTO). Sure enough, the air coming out of the vents is luke warm at best. However, the rear passenger heat is still working great. I popped the hood and checked that the heater temp control valve was indeed letting the hot coolant pass into the heater core. It was. The heater core return hose was also hot. At this point, I'm lost. I've got a hot hose going into the core and hot hose coming out. Just for kicks I back flushed the heater core and didn't see any debris come out. The flow through the core during the backflush was good. Any suggestions??
Reply to
Leardriver

Sounds like you've got a blend door problem. This is the door(s) inside the air box, usually on the passenger's side under the dash, that control amount of heat and which outlets. Either it's stuck or not getting moved by the controls. Not sure on your's if it's controlled by vacuum or cable but if you look you may be able to see an "L" shaped lever coming out of the airbox with a cable or vacuum pot attached. You can then check to see if actuated or not to determine if blend door, control or cable. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92