1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Power Lock Schematic?

I've searched all over the web and can't seem to come up with anything, so I am hoping that some kind soul on this newsgroup would be willing to help me out. As the subject line says, I need a copy of the power lock schematic for a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser so I can complete the installation of a remote starter/alarm install system on a friend's truck.

If you're interested, here's some more detail -- I helped a friend install a remote starter/alarm combo in his wife's 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. Everything went *perfect* until I got to the power locks. The truck already had a non-factory keyless entry/alarm system installed in it. So we simply un-plugged from it's harness and installed the remote starter. But then I found out that only the driver's door locked & un-locked (even when the door switches were used). So then I plugged the old unit back in, but disconnected it's main power fuse. (It was faulty and would not shut off, so removing it's power fuse disabled it.) Anyways, now the power locks seemed to work for all doors, but I quickly found out that it was intermittent. They would lock close to 90% of the time, but only unlock about 20% of the time. Not good! So something in that aftermarket unit is 'looping' the power lock voltages to the other doors, but it isn't working 100% right. So in order to dis-connect it completely and connect to the other door lock motors properly, I need the schematic.

So would somebody please be so kind to send me that schematic? Once I have it I can have his locks fixed in just a few minutes...

Thanks in advance! ;-) Please feel free to email me directly if you're able to help me out.

Jeff

PS: I know that the alarm that's present in the truck isn't the available 'factory' unit as it was zip-tied to a large wiring harness up high under the dash, and according to all the documentation I can find, the 'factory' unit is mounted under the driver's seat. Also, none of the other information for the 'factory' unit match the unit that was installed in the truck. (different connectors and/or pins... etc.)

Reply to
Jeff Artz

Buy your Remote Start,, Keyless Entry at

try this

Door Lock Green/Red (-) Driver's Kick in Harness from Door Door Unlock Blue/Yellow (-) Connect to Green/Yellow at Door Lock Relay Horn Wire Green/Blue (-) Steering Column

Reply to
Im Right

Thanks "ImRight", but I already wired it as documented on designtech's page (which matches your info below too):

the locks are not worknig reliably. The issue is not the wiring colors, but that there is an 'aftermarket' system already installed that changed the way the power door locks work, and if I un-plug it, the driver's door gets locked & unlocked perfectly every time, but ONLY the driver's door. And if I plug the 'factory' module back in, they LOCK *most* of the time, but almost never UNLOCK! :-(.

Meanwhile, somebody has already sent me a schematic of the power locks, so I just need to make sure it matches his truck before I attempt to fix them. I already see one discrepancy though -- In the schematic that was sent to me, all 4 door's power lock motors are wired in Parallel, therefore it would appear that disconnecting this module shouldn't make a difference... All 4 doors should lock & unlock with the Driver's door. But it doesn't, and that's why I'm posting here... :-(

I may just end up reverse-engineering the 'alarm' module that's in there now. I already had it opened up, and it's somewhat complex, but simple enough to draw a schematic of to figure out what it's doing, and what's going on... I just don't want to do that unless I *have* to...

Jeff

J.A.