1998 4-runner sr5

Hi,

When I bought my vehicle the seller had accidently pushed the clock to the inside of the dash panel when he was cleaning it up for sale. I am unable to get the clock back through the opening. Does the "frame" that goes around the clock, cup holder, heater controls and radio pull out? I did managed to pull the top part of the "frame" loose but gentle tugging on the top did not loosen the sides at all. I did not want to force it for fear of breaking something.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thks

wendi

Reply to
Pitt

Pop into your local car audio shop and ask them if it pops out as your thinking of changing stereos, they may do it for you for free if your smiling nicely at them.

Reply to
Scotty

Thks Scotty. It's worth a try.

Reply to
Pitt

Try looking at some of the Australian Surf owners sites like

Lots of DIY stuff since cars and parts are pricey over there and the Japanese cast off their used vehicle to others.

Reply to
Bubba

Thanks Bubba, this is a good site. I did not find the info I need but I am not finished looking thru the site yet. I bookmarked it.

Reply to
Pitt

Is the 98 the same as the 92? I have a 92 SR5 RHD though, but will be similar in design. I can tell you how to get mine out if your is the same.

Reply to
Scotty

I don't know if they are the same or not. I have never seen a RHD If you paste the link below and scroll down to the small pics the one showing the heater/radio panel is like mine. The part I am trying to remove from mine is the brown frame outlining the vents/radio, etc. I had no problem getting the top above the air vents and the clock but am not sure what is holding the sides/bottom in.

Wendi

Reply to
Pitt

Try remove the gear stick suround by gently pulling it up. Then once thats out there should be two screws holding the bottom of the stereo surround. You should be ablr to pull this gently towards you and get it out that way. Im only 80% sure about that so dont force it to much but if theres those two screws at the bottom once the first bits out the rest should come out okay.

Reply to
Scotty

I will give that a try. Thks.

Pitt