1998 Toyota Tacoma Bull Bar fit on 1996 Tacoma?

Does anyone know what, if any, diffences there are between the 1998 and 1996 year model Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pickups as far as Bull Bar bumpers are concerned. If I purchased a Bull Bar that came from a

1998 would it bolt directly onto a 1996? If not is it possible to make it work with minor modifications? Any tips, web pages, comments etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much In Advance Ron

Reply to
Ron Olsberg

Well I found a 98 Tacoma and compared the difference. The frame is similar on both; however, the frame on the 98 is extented about 3". I think a Bull Bar from a 98 would probably bolt on but it would have a gap of around 3" between the bumper and the other front-end trim. It might be possible to cut 3" from the back of the Bull Bar and redrill the mounting holes and get it to work, but this is a big risk to save between $100-200 on a used unit. I can see why Toyota added 3" to the frame because on the 96 the radiator is not protected at all from a front-end collision of any kind. Installing the proper Bull Bar on a

96 should give badly needed front-end protection.

Any comment or suggestions welcome Thanks Much In Advance Ron

Reply to
Ron Olsberg