1999 4Runner Basic Questions

I just bought a used 1999 4Runner Limited. It seems to be missing a couple of items and I am hoping that someone can clue me in to what those items were...

First, under the passenger-side rear seat, there are some mounting flanges and a rubber ring with a metal latch on it. The rubber ring looks like it would normally secure something to the mounting flanges. What would normally be stowed under this seat?

Second, in the passenger-side rear cargo wall, there's a panel that comes off. There are two vertical straps that appear to be designed to secure a tool box or something flat and rectangular. What was originally there?

You can probably tell that I am also missing the owner's manual! :^)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Reply to
Paul Broenen

passenger side rear seat- that sounds like the jack and the tool to crank the spare tire down with. I didn't think it was legal (or at least, ethical) to sell a car without a jack included... might want to check on that. Inside that cubby hole, no clue. My 96 doesn't have any straps in there, and never any mention of what might belong there.

Reply to
Pookerz

It was probably the tool bag with the lug wrench and center cap removal tool.

Reply to
chuck

I have a 99. Under the seat is where the jack, tool bag and crank for jack should be.

The area in the back panel is for an optional accessory. Don't remember what is was but I bought mine new and looked it up in the owner's manual at one time.

The crank for the jack is also used to crank the tire out from under the car so you definitely will need to get an original jack from somewhere.

Reply to
news