1999-4Runner-SR5-V6: Washer fluild light on

My 1999 4Runner, the washer fluid light is on. How hard is it to fix it?

Also, what is a good expectation for the mileage. I am getting slightly less than 200 miles for a full tank. Should I be worried?

Thanks, Chandana

Reply to
Crush

you're getting about 14 miles to the gallon on a V6 ? [assuming a 65 liter tank = 14 gallons] I'd be a quite concerned, and take it in for a head compression test, and possibly dragging brakes but you should be smelling them cooking. the ww/washer, sensor is at the bottom of the tank, maybe a corroded, broken, or loose wire to the sensor If the wire is disconnected, the light is on. Test the wire is good by connecting it to ground thru a light bulb, like the dome light, light should go out. Just a matter of tracking it down.

Reply to
Guylaine J. Parisien