1999 Tacoma Extcab Wheel Upgrade Questions

I currently have a 1999 Tacoma extended cab that came with 15x6 steel wheels with p225/75r15 tires.

I need new tires and thought it would be nice to upgrade the wheels. I bought a set of stock 15x7 toyota alloy wheels on ebay and am looking to put

31x10.5R15 tires on them.

With the larger tires, I am wondering how "off" my odometer/speedometer will be? and if this something that can be adjusted? The 15x7 wheels and 31 inch tires were an option when I bought the truck.

Also the new 15x7 wheels came with center caps, but I have manually locking hubs. Is there a center cap available with holes so I can access the hubs?

Thanks. Mfan

Reply to
mfan51

I have a '99 Taco and the stock tires that came with mine off the showroom were 31x10.50, and those were mounted on the standard 6-spoke aluminum wheels that both the Taco and 4Runner shared for a few years. If you know your mechanic well enough, he/she could be able to tell you if you need any adjustments depending on what your previous tire size was. For all I know you could also probably find it on a web site. I remember talking to mine about going down in tire size in hopes of getting a little better mileage and they weren't really concerned about adjustments while considering a

265/75 (I think?) size. Personally I like that I stayed with the 31x10.50 since I really like the stance it gives the Taco!
Reply to
stefan

They do make center caps w/the holes for your hubs. Any tire or wheel place can get these for you, or check online. I think I paid about $10 apiece for them on my last two sets of wheels.

Reply to
slikrikd