1999 tacoma rear bumper with hitch

I am looking for a solid bumper that wraps around the rear fenders a bit, AND has a class 3 hitch. Does such a bumper / hitch combination exist? The only ones I can find that include a hitch, can not be used for towing. Thanks for your information.

Reply to
jwill

You are better of with a Class III being a separate part of the frame.

A Class III, by definition, can handle a heavier load than you really want resting on the bumper. The bumper has far too much flex for the loads that a Class III will present.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

never mount a trailer to a bumper and a ball.. it doesn't work well...

get a dedicated hitch... one that mounts to the frame.... I like my reese...

Reply to
RedForeman

I built a hitch that used the bumper as a cosmetic item. The bumper was rated way lower than the towing capacity so I built a stronger hitch such that the hole for the ball lined up with the one already in the bumper. Maybe you can get a hitch that does the same. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow