1st Gear Woes

Hello everyone!

I have a 1990 Toyota truck, you know the one with no apparent name!

3.0l 4x2 5 Speed Recently the shift knob will jump out of first when you let the clutch out. If you hold it in gear it has a tendency to grind, or jerk before the gears engage. I cannot find anything in my repair manual dealing with this. Can I adjust the shifter linkage to compensate for some sort of wearing? Or is this problem something requiring removal to fix?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Reply to
GsuEngineering

Sounds like it might be serious but here is an inexpensive place to start:

It details how to replace the shifter seat.

-- Jarhead

Reply to
Jarhead

Reply to