2.7L I4 // Timing Belt?

Does the 2.7L I4 have a timing belt, or chain? When is it replaced?

Steven Holmes
2.7L I4 // Timing Belt?chain, it's replaced when it's worn out. S
Reply to
Kryptoknight

Thanks

I was asking because I am about to buy a 99 tacoma and am trying to anticipate maint. costs in the next few years. Wasn¹t sure if it was a chain or belt. Now I now and can eliminate 500$ clams from the budget. Thanks

Steven Holmes
2.7L I4 // Timing Belt?What is the book value for the number of hours to do a timing chain replacement?

Thanks. PPC

123