2000 4-Runner Brakes touchy

WE have a 4 Runner that the brakes are very sensitive. The brakes work good but you have to be very careful when applying them. Is this a problem with the proportioning valve on the rear axle or could it be the rear brakes are not working or??? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
MikeR

I am experiencing the samething with a 1999 4Runner but I did not think it could be a problem. But, now that you mention it, I am wondering there is something wrong with it. I kind of assumed that the brakes were fairly new when I bought it and that was the reason it was doing that.

-Guicho.

Reply to
Guicho

Check for leaking slave cylinder soaking brake shoes/pad and check rear proportioner valve.

Reply to
Bubba