2000 tacoma leaf spring

One of the leaf spring slats on my 2000 tacoma has cracked in half. Now the rear loose piece it swinging in the wind and has struck and dented the shock/strut. Two questions: Does anyone have any idea what that might cost to have fixed/replaced (do they do the entire set of leaf springs, or can they do just the broken one), and in your opinions does the strut have to be replaced ? It is only slightly dented.

The bitch of this is, I don't even go off roading with the thing. This damage was caused by the HORRIBLE roads of East Boston where I must unfortunately drive to every day for work. Wish they would pay for it. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
D328

Is your truck still under the 3 year 36K warrantee? I have a 95.5 Tacoma and it did the same thing and the dealer replaced both rear spring sets under warrantee. (at that time my truck was still covered.) Only one side had a broken spring but they replaced both without my pressing for it. This has been an issue with the Tacoma's, check your dealer, you might be surprised.

Dave

Reply to
David Pusker

Reply to