2000 tacoma starting ...

I've recently noticed that my 2000 Tacoma has started to suffer cold start problems. There are a few posts here that indicate that the problem may be the cold start injector and/or timer. My question - I have have noticed that after the first attempt at starting (when cold) I can here what sounds like a small electric motor running under the hood for about a second. The first attempt at starting usually fails, but the second attempt usually works. I'm curious as to what is making the motor-running sound and if it is an indicator of why the first attempt at starting usually fails?

Thanks, Johny

Reply to
johnyaya

I had the same problem on my 1996. It was the starter motor going bad. The niose was from the starter staying engaged for a small period of time. It would not strat at all sometimes and then start fine.

problems. There are a few posts here that indicate that the problem may be the cold start injector and/or timer. My question - I have have noticed that after the first attempt at starting (when cold) I can here what sounds like a small electric motor running under the hood for about a second. The first attempt at starting usually fails, but the second attempt usually works. I'm curious as to what is making the motor-running sound and if it is an indicator of why the first attempt at starting usually fails?

Reply to
Roxy