2000 Tundra doors

Got a call from my dad on his 2000 Tundra. Says the front doors (he has the

1/2 door for the x-cab) don't ever stay open on his driveway. It's inclined about 10°. Says they never really stayed open except for the first month or so when it was new. Is this a common problem? Any aftermarket solutions? He also mentioned that his seat belts never retract well. That made me lauch b/c on my 95 taco I have the same problem.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Sabine

I have a 2000 Tundra ex cab and a driveway with a 3% incline - no problem with my doors staying open. As for the seatbelts, mine don't retract very well either (weak retractor springs, I guess). I know several owners of 2000 Tundras who all have the same problem.

When you say the driveway is inclined 10' do you mean a 10% incline? That's pretty steep. Going down hill, that means every 100 feet the driveway is going down 10 feet or for every 100 inches it goes down 10 inches.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

The guide at the shoulders for the seatbelt has a very thin slot. Widening the slot in this plastic piece with some sandpaper allows the retractors to pull the belt through more easily. Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Back in then the doors will stay open.

Reply to