2000 Tundra trailer wiring

Just bought a 2000 Tundra and would like to wire it for trailer lights and brake controler. Does anyone have experience with doing this? There is a wiring connector up inside the bumper that looks like it might be pre-wired for a kit to plug into. Do they come prewired for a kit? Is a kit available?

Thanks for any help!

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Jim Behning

As a data point...

I've bought 4 packages from them, for a Jeep, Nissan, and (2) Subaru's, and all have made me happy.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

This connector will work fine for the lights but does not include a hookup for brakes. I had to pay extra to have the wiring brought back for brakes and to charge the trailer battery. I had an automotive electrical shop do the work.

Reply to
ribbet4