2000 Tundra V8 4WD front axle help

Any tips on replacing right side drive shaft? Ordered sst 09628-62011-01, ball joint puller. Didn't get anything else. Boot crimping tool was $110 and bearing remover was $281 thought I'd just replace shaft and take back for core refund rather than fool with replacing boots. Left side mentions taking off shock, I assume right side you don't have too? Thanks for any help for the do it yourselfer! Sam

Reply to
Sam Bauer

Pardon my ignorance, but with spending $500 on special tools, plus the cost of the parts, then add in however many hours of your time to find the tools and parts, then go get them, and take the truck down for a day....and hope you didn't forget to buy anything to complete the repairs. How much to have the shop do the job??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Great distance to nearest shop, I also like doing repairs myself. The new shaft $100, $88 for ball joint puller, total 188 plus an afternoon! I also distrust shops! Suspect they cut boot at last visit. Free ten point inspection, said plugs was about to fall out, I just replaced and torqued to specs. before going in. Maybe mechanics know more about specs than shop manual?! Sam

Reply to
Sam Bauer