2001 Sequoia JBL 6-disc CD Problem

The CD player is unable to eject or accept a CD. After ignition, it makes noises as though it is trying to eject but cannot. Pushing eject button makes the same noises but nothing comes out. Cannot add a new CD either. Cannot change a CD channel. I read earlier that I should consider disconnecting the battery cables for a few minutes, or liberally removing fuses. Toyota dealer is willing to send the whole unit back to Toyota for major $ - would perfer not.

Reply to
IrishBrave

Probably be alot cheaper to buy and have installed an aftermarket unit. Would sound alot better than stock I would bet too....

My 04 Taco system doesn't sound very good once you start turning up the volume.

Reply to
Mac
2-5-05

If it is not working and you know how to remove the unit from the dash, you don't have much to lose to take it apart cautiously until you can see the CD that is floating around in there. Make sense? Good luck. Ed

Reply to
ed_herman