2001 Tacoma timing belt question

Can the timing belt be installed without taking the water pump off?

Anyone the experience to grade the difficulty of this replacement item?

Reply to
Rush

bbtaco

The timing belt can be replaced without removing the water pump but I recommend that you change out the water pump while it is sitting there, easily accessible. The link below to 4x4wire is very good. Changing out the timing belt is a fair amount of work, especially removing and retorqueing the crankshaft pulley. I doubt that the water pump will last until the next timing belt change.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul.

thanks for the response and great illustration link

Reply to
Rush