2002 Tacoma Rear Leaf Bent

Last night I back up across the road a little too far and went into a small-eroded shoulder. Next morning I noticed my passenger side rear leaf is bent.

In 13 years of driving a stock 91 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 I never had anything like that happen. I know I've done the same move with the Nissan since this is at work so I've made this move many times before. Thought Toyota's were the beast of the Japanese make.

Has anyone else had this happen to his or her late model Tacoma? My truck is a 2002 Extra Cab, V6, Standard, TRD, 4wd.

I almost went into shock when I saw the replacement cost. Anyone have any third party parts to suggest. It is not my plan to lift the sucker and I obviously want to keep the cost within reason.

Thanks

Reply to
David R

These guys wanted $261.50 just for the shipping.

Reply to
David R

WOW! Sorry, someone had passed it on to me so I thought I was doing you a favor. LOL! I was able to get a pair of used overload springs for my 2WD in Hawaii for $90. Toyota wanted $320 + shipping!

Reply to
Scott