2002 toyota 4runner-transmission down

Hello,

I?ve never had any problems with my 4runner..until recntly.

I was driving back from mountians on highway doing 70 and tac shot up outof blue-like in nuetral-no prior syptoms. i put into nuetral coasted to shoulder then tried to put back into drive, nothing. I tried other gears including reverse, nothing.

2hrs later in a tow truck (praise AAA) I?m at home trying to figure out the next steps. Everyhting runs fine, no odd noises, smells or parts on road.

Does anyone have a sense of how bad this is? A possible fix or a replacement?

Thanks! CMc

Reply to
CMc

Manual or automatic?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Does this give you a hint "tried to put back into drive" ;-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron(Tx)

Yeah...I guess. But, you never know. Look at the other clues.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ya mean like he never mentioned anything about having a CLUTCH???

Reply to
Noon-Air

No. Not that clue. I'll wait and see if he returns. If I'm wrong, I'll let you know.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom