2002 Tundra keyless entry question

I recently bought a 2002 Tundra SR5 access cab 4WD with a keyless entry. I have a manual for the truck, but it has no information on the keyless entry system. I am unable to enter the truck using the regular key as the alarm always goes off and then the only way to turn the alarm off is with the keyless key. Since I only have one keyless key pad is there any way to deactivate the alarm? A friend recently bought a 2004 model. On his truck if the door is locked with the regular key it can be opened with the regular key without the alarm going off, this is something I would like to be able to do. In addition my key pad has only 2 buttons, one of which locks or unlocks the doors, the other seems to do nothing (does it have a function?). Is there any way to enter or lock the truck without the anoying beep of the horn if desired? Anybody have any information or can have any idea where to go for information? Bill snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net

Reply to
William Burry

Bill,

My 02 Tundra came with the Remote Keyless Entry System and after looking in the owners manual I had to look further with the other documentation's that came with my Toyo and found what you probably need....it is a separate owner's guide to the remote entry system. The document number is

090002-22540700 as printed on the back bottom right. My system is the factory RS3000 keyless / alarm system and could it be possible that you have an after market alarm system?

If you have the RS3000 then it sounds as if the previous owner had his set to passive or automatic alarming and the owner's guide has directions on how to change it along with clearing out all existing remote controls and how to program in new ones. The extra button is used for programming of the RS3000 and can be used on other Toyota alarm systems.

Can you be a little more specific as to the type of keyless system you have please.

Larry

Reply to
Larry