2003 4Runner Headliner Rattle

Hi. Has anyone else had this problem? The rattling noise seems to be coming somewhere near the driver side of the moon roof. When the moon roof is open, the noise goes away. Tried bringing it into service it but everytime I bring it in, the rattle disappears before they get a chance to hear it. Had this problem earlier in the year but it seemed to go away during the summer and now it's back. The service people said that they would need to remove the entire headliner to try and see where the noise is coming from but I'm kind of worried that that would make things worse.

Reply to
PennyandRusty

I Get the same sound every once in a while I Just Crank up my stereo!

I Disconnected the rear Sub Woofer and added a Bazooka With a Amp 400 Additional watts No more Rattles But all my mirrors Shake Now HMMMMM! C

Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net

I have the same rattle from my sunroof. The rattle also seems to go away when I open the sunroof. I am going to take it into the dealer and see if there is something that they can do.

Reply to
RavenEC

The rattle is from the guide rods on the sides of the sunroof. See this thread:

--Dan

Reply to
Dan O'Connor

Thanks for the info. If the noise comes back (and I'm sure it will) I'll try it out... better than wasting a whole day while those people at my dealership waste my time. The tape on the rear seat latch also sounds like a good idea and will try it out when that noise comes back.

Reply to
PennyandRusty

Hey, my 2002 has this rattle only when the temperature is really cold. Thanks for the information. I'll see if the 2003 is the same.

Reply to
Hudson