2003 4Runner HP upgrade

How much of a project and cost would take to upgrade the 2003 V8

4Runner HP to the higher output 2006. I am guessing,cams, computer mods, if it is major I will just do a exhaust upgrade, and possible aircleaner
Reply to
tiopedro

Exhaust is the first place to start. No good doing all the ther things without the exhaust upgrade. Unless you like wasting yoru money in which case you can send me some thanks, I love spending someone elses money.

Scotty

Reply to
Scotty

Reply to
cabopeter

Reply to
cabopeter

Reply to
cabopeter

Reply to
cabopeter

Add the optional supercharger for $3k.

Reply to
Wolfgang

OK Guys I guess I am used to working with the Chevy group for the last

8yrs, anyone will understand aftermarket intake and exhaust upgrades, and Superchargers. My question is what upgrades did the factory do to gain 50 more HP from 2003 to 2007. I am guessing computer work, and can apply that technology easily to the 2003 model. Chevy is easy carb, TBI, MPI. As far as supercharger I am not looking for a 50% increase in HP? But thanks for your input
Reply to
cabopeter

Read on the Toyota site that VVT-i was added to increase the HP!

Reply to
Wolfgang