2003 4WD V6 Taco (TRD w.o. stickers) &. Leer 100XL Shell PICS

I just waxed it for the first time today and took some pics with my new Nikon D70 digital camera.

12,000 miles and no trouble so far. I've been using Mobile 1 synthetic every 3K, which is definately overkill...

I peeled off the TRD stickers the second day of ownership with a heat gun, I just thought they were ugly, same thing with the rear Leer sticker. It's funny how much pride some people put in their "TRD" stickers, even when they aren't even a 4WD :-) LOL!!!!...

CyA T.S.

Reply to
T.S.

It's funny how people talk about how they have four wheel drive and also spend $2,000 for the TRD off road package, and just let there truck look pretty instead of actually using it like it was made for. It's funny how there's Prerunners around doing more wheelin' in a week than other's would do in a lifetime. I also think it's funny that the guys in the Prerunners could probably drive circles around someone in a 4wd offroad because 4wd isn't the only thing that makes a truck go places, a lot of it is the driver and their skill level.

Reply to
mgyver1

Funny how some PreRunner owners seem to be very sensitive concerning their

2WD decision. Rarely does a 4WD owner put down or feel the need to defend their decision to purchase 4WD. Why is the frequency of 4WD use of such concern to some people? Is there a minimum use threshold that make 4WD ownership acceptable to you? 10%? 25%? 50%? Or, does it just bother you that somebody else's truck is more versatile/capable than yours?

Here is the truth; the Prerunner is a respected, capable truck that deserves all the respect that it has earned. Those few Prerunner owners who regret not getting 4WD should either get a 4WD or shut up and enjoy what a fantastic truck they have and let the rest of us do the same.

Foy

2004 Tacoma Double Cab TRD 4x4
Reply to
Foy Blackmon

I don't take mine off road that much, but boy, when we had some ice and snow and when I took it to the beach last month, the 4WD kicked ass.

Reply to
TacomaDude

I sense some hostility, that certainly wasn't my intent...

I bought a 4WD because my first vehicle; a 1987 Toyota 4WD performed flawlessly for over 15 years and the 4WD got me unstuck in the sandy Anza-Borrego Desert & Baja Mexico several times. The extra $$ paid for itself right there. A prerunner would still be there in the sand...

I also like it when you're going down a VERY steep spooky hill offroad, putting it in low range, taking your foot off the brake and letting the gears/4WD do the braking for you on the way down. I wouldn't think that would work as well on a 2WD, I could be wrong.

My new truck is truly incredible in 4WD. It's almost impossible to lose control, even intentionally trying to on ice and snow. They've really got the ABS & 4WD combination dialed in these days.

I brought up the TRD pride thing because a guy at a Walmart parking lot had the same color/year truck but Prerunner w. TRD stickers and ranted & raved that I peeled off "a $100 sticker". I said it's a sleeper and why advertise what you've got to a potential thief. Living close to Mexico you need to worry about these things. He also didn't like my comment about the stickers being ugly either ;-)

At 35, I don't offroad nearly as much as I used to 17 years ago, but based on my personal experiences offroading in Southern California's mountains & deserts I'd NEVER buy a 2WD truck, mainly due to the soft sand in desert washes.

Cheers, T.S.

Reply to
T.S.

Don't sweat the small stuff. The way I figure it, if a person doesn't sign my paycheck or make my rent or truck payment, it doesn't matter what they think. Be happy with what you have and keep on truckin'!

By the way, I'm jealous... :>))

Tom - Visa, CA

Reply to
TOM

I removed mine the 2nd day after I bought mine. Why did I wait till the 2nd day to remove those TRD Stickers ? Because I went out and drove it 300 miles the 1st day.

I've also heard people that own non TRD trucks go out and buy them to make people think they have a TRD LMAO!!!

Reply to
kkweaver