2003 Tacoma 4 cyl Fuel Filter Location?

Mine is the SR5 Extended Cab 2WD manual transmission. I give up.....where have they hidden the fuel filter and why the Hell doesn't the owner's manual say ANYTHING about it?

Reply to
joshhemming

In my first year running around Los Angeles, I was buying gas at any station that presented itself. I got water and trash in my fuel 3 times that year. Each time required replacing the filter.

Where are the fuel filters located in the '03?

Reply to
Ron Silverman

The Fuel Filter is not required to be replaced under normal conditions. That's why there's no mention in the manual. They are costly and are not easy to R & R.

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

Reply to
TheKidd

Any filter should be replaced eventually. Take a look at one with 80,000 miles on it and you'll see. It's about an hour's work - roughly $80 - if you pay someone to do it. I understand the filter was relocated to a more sane position on newer Tacomas. The fuel filter, the below-the-frame radiator and the cheesecake front bumper are the weakest points on that era truck.

: >

: >> The Fuel Filter is not required to be replaced under normal : >> conditions. That's why there's no mention in the manual. : >> They are costly and : >> are not easy to R & R.

Reply to
John Hinckley