2003 Tacoma Recall

I just recently had the lower ball joints replaced on my 03 Taco xtra cab

4x4 SR5 as per a recall by Toyota Canada.

Just thought I'd let everyone know,

Cheers

Reply to
Monoxide

Ira Rubinson

Call your dealer with your VIN ...

Toybloata isn't making this easy - failing to send out the required notices.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:10:59 -0700, "Ira Rubinson" found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Yea I had called toyota Canada about a seperate issue and I happened to ask if there was any recalls and they were like yes, I asked why they had not informed anyone and they were silent and made up some bullshit answer.

Reply to
Monoxide

So was this the recall that covered Tacoma and Tundra balljoints up to the 2004 model year? If so does anyone have a linky to the TSB? Further is the Tundra double cab one of the affected models?

Reply to
notmyrealname

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:51:25 GMT, notmyrealname found these unused words floating about:

I'd doubt that they would make separate front ends for the diferent Tundra models - CALL the dealer, have him check your VIN.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

In the US it is Special Service Campaign 50J Front Suspension Lower Ball Joint Replacement for the following vehicles 2001 -2002 4Runner, 2001 - 2004 Tacoma 4WD & Prerunner, 2002-2004 Sequoia & Tundra

On certain 2001 - 2002 Model Year 4Runner, 2001 - mid-2004 Model Year Tacoma

4WD and PreRunner, and 2002 - early 2004 Model Year Sequoia and Tundra vehicles, there is a possibility that the Front Suspension Lower Ball Joint may experience excessive wear and looseness causing increased steering effort, reduced vehicle self-centering, and noise in the front suspension. If the vehicle is continued to be operated in this condition, in extreme cases, the lower ball joint may separate from the knuckle causing a loss of vehicle steering control.

Does not affect all vehicles - need to have V>> Yea I had called toyota Canada about a seperate issue and I happened to >> ask

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

"Glenn Arsenault" sez:

early 2004 Model Year Sequoia and Tundra

I have "late" 2004 Tundra & Sequoia that a run of the VINs show them to be unaffected ... so it isn't all of 'em.

Good reliability to ya, VLJ

Reply to
vlj

I have a 2002 Prerunner and unfortunately, a few months ago, I had my right wheel Pop out while driving on the freeway. Luckily, the wheel jam'd my truck from going forward and tipp'n over. Turns out I had to replace my front lower ball joint. I filed for a refund with Toyota and because of the recall notice, I recently had the other ball-joint replaced. So, if you're sitting on your ass and haven't gotten a Free replacement done yet, please go do it - just in case.

Reply to
James Morioka