2003 Tundra stereo diagram

Hi, Does anyone have the schematic or location of the amp in the 2003 tundrad for the DZ stereo.

Does anyone also know where to get a stereo kit to replace the stock stereo. Thanks, Oscar

Reply to
Oscar

What are the specs on teh amp? Which speakers is it powering? I am going to be replacing the stock stereo, is it better to try to use this amp or just replace it with a quality amp?

Can anyone who has done this give me any pointers? Thanks

Glenn Arsenault wrote:

Reply to
Oscar

It is not a standard wiring harness between the amp and the HU. If you replace the HU itself you will need to replace the factory amp or use an amplified HU.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

Okay I dont follow what your saying.... are you saying this?

If I replace the stock stereo I'll need to replace the amp because the wiring harness only works for the stock stereo??

What is an amplified HU? What is an HU?

Glenn Arsenault wrote:

Reply to
Oscar

Metra may make a harness to plug an aftermarket radio into the factory amp, but you are better off just replacing the radio and amp. HU is head unit or radio.On the Toyota's the factory radio harness plugs into the amp, the amp has a 20 pin pigtail that plugs into the factory radio.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault