2004 4-Runner Where can I get to 12 volts for a radar detector? HELP!!!

Just got my 04 4runner and I went to plug in my radar detector in the cig lighter and found it was in the middle of the center console (POINTING UP!!!). Well, needless to say I can't have a wire going halfway across the car and the shifter. Any suggestions on where I can pick 12 volts up easily (switched is fine, it doesn't need to be on all the time)?

Reply to
PC

I believe Radio Shack sells and extension cord for cigarette lighters. Short of that, you could get one of those clip-ons to the fuse block and rig up an extension from under the dash.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

I'd access a +12V terminal at the fuse block and run the wire under the trim on the windshield post. If you have a dome light near the mirror you might find a hot wire in there. I personally went with a Passport Solo by Cincinnatti Microwave. It's a cordless and uses 2 AA batteries that last about 50 hours of continuous use.

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

drive the speed limit