2004 Taco Frame Inspection??

I just received a Toyota recall to inspect my 2004 Taco frame? Unbelieveable...

If found unserviceable, Toyota will replace the frame or frames.

My question is: If I am an unlucky victim, and my frame or frames need replacing, how will this effect my truck? Steering, braking, etc. because everything will be out of kilter?

My Taco is a cream-puff, and I would hate to not have it, as it is now.

Thanks.

Reply to
Randy Tingley

If it is really "cream-ouff" then you have nothing to worry about.

Reply to
C. E. White

They were offering to buy back the truck at twice the price.

I have a '99 that is okay. Mine is a SW USA truck that hasn't seen much road salt or beach salt. The dealer told me that most with bad frames were from the rust belt states.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

How will things be out of kilter?

What you should do, if they do replace the frame, is have all new shocks/strusts/ brakes, etc installed.

They charge you for parts only, no labor on these items.

I was lucky, my 200 failed and they bought it back.

Reply to
SnoBrdr