2004 Tacoma stock radio and aftermarket cd changer?

I have a 04 Tacoma double cab with the stock radio (cassette, single disk cd player) and was wondering if anyone has connected a 3rd party cd changer to the stock radio? I found several places that sell 3rd party cd changers for Tacoma but they only go up to 2002. Ideally I would like to find a 6 disk MP3 cd changer for the stock radio. Please don't respond back with get a changer that has RF modulator or replace the stock radio, I already know that..

Thanks, Russ.

Reply to
Russ

Perhaps someone can confirm this, but I *believe* the stock radio is made by Panasonic. If so, you might want to consult with a dealer who sells that brand of car audio. Or, go to

and contact them with this question. They used to be a pretty skanky company, but they've come a long way and the people I've spoken to are pretty knowledgable.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I did a LOT of research on this so I can help. In short the answer is, nothing available yet as a straight up replacement. I just went with the Toyota 6 cd changer. Now, there is some good news. The following web site offers conversion kits to cd-changer that do mp3s (like Pioneer and Alpine):

Now, they JUST came out with the 2003 models, which are identical to

2004. I did not want to be a guinea pig, so I am hanging back. With these interfaces, you can get any cd changer that they list. It will work with the controls on the steering wheel and navigation too!! Good luck! let me know what you decide to do.
Reply to
Dan J.S.