2005 4Runner engine rattle

I have an unnerving engine rattle I've noticed at idle in my new 2005

4Runner V6. Has anyone run into this, or does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks!

Reply to
FILTHEE

Look for a heat shield loose, possibly on the exhaust manufold or on catalytic converter. With engine running take a stick of some type that is heat resistant and push on any metal or plastic panels or shields in the engine compartment. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

We had a guy here recently -- the past two or three weeks -- that had a similar complaint. It turns out he was selecting a gear that had the motor doing about 1500RPM or slower, and the "problem" went away when the engine speed increased.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland