2005 tacoma bed scratches easy

I thought the composite bed was resistant to scratches? I've actually started using it lightly and it suprisingly fragile. Every small scrape in the black shows as a gray/white ugly sctatch. at this rate I'l have to put a plasite cover over the plastic bed? I have to say I love this truck but the bed rattles(cold ) and easy marking seams to be a weak spot.

Kevin Tracy

Reply to
kgt

I don't think mine scratches lots easier than the painted beds I've owned, but maybe a little easier. I think the real deal is that the scratches won't rust, the bed won't dent, and drilling holes won't invite rust. I added a removable rubber mat to mine to help keep cargo in place. The mat can be pulled out for bulk items, like wood chips, or tossed over items likely to get airborne, like foam insulation panels. A side benefit is the floor is protected.

As far as the look of bed scratches? It's a _truck_. I always felt scratched beds in trucks were kind of honorable, and far better than ripped upholstery in station wagons, minivans, and SUV's. Even plastic drop-in bed liners show scratches. I guess you could use paint to touch them up. Maybe a spray-in liner would help, but I don't know how well it would adhere to plastic.

Reply to
B a r r y