2005 Tacoma Noise

I have a 2005 D cab Tacoma with 11,000 miles on it. The truck has had a noise when I first take off since it was new. It is a kind of Whoop. This happens every time the truck sets for a minute and I take off. Taylor Toyota in North Augusta, SC told me that they all do this. Any one else have this problem?

Reply to
Astro

I havent noticed, Are you talking under hard acceleration or lugging? Have you come accross the High wind noise wherr yet? This one happens with high cross winds for me.

05 tacoma V-6 Automatic K&N model #63 intake (4extra miles per Gal)

Reply to
Billstein

Did the other trucks they had on the lot do it when you drove them with the service manager?

Reply to
Bonehenge

The noise happens under light acceleration, normal take off. I did not get in the other trucks, I should have and maybe I would not be complaining about them so much.

Reply to
Astro

Or, if they didn't do it, you'd have grounds to get it fixed...

-jeff

in article rTRZf.613$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net, Astro at young snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote on 4/8/06 9:56 AM:

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

My 03 D-cab V6 does the same thing and when I asked another group like you did here only one guy new what it was, the ABS charging up. I even took it to the dealer twice and they dropped the pan and valve body on the transmission thinking it was in it but found nothing. Mine does exactly like you described and it's supposed to be normal.

Reply to
rcoker

Mine doesn't.

Reply to