2005 tacoma vs 2005 mustang

to buy the new tacoma 4x2 regular cab or the new mustang GT....that is the question.

Reply to
Anonymous

both have appealing designs. tacoma for convenience and mustang GT for fast driving.....hmmm...it's a tough decision. ...what is more important to me....convenience or fast driving......hmmm.......13k for tacoma or 23k for mustang Gt....hmmmm....tough tought decision......hmmmm

0@0.0 wrote:

Reply to
Anonymous

Toyota: up to 250k of relatively trouble-free driving

Ford: weekly trips to the dealer for service.

Reply to
Dan G

Where you been $13K for a Tacoma, More like a toss up I think the Mustang is about $27K.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Well I own both except my Mustang 5.0 is an '89 and my Tacoma 4x4 is an '01. Even though the Mustang has 200K miles on it I'd never buy another one. Maybe I'll feel that way about the Tacoma when it hits 200K miles but I doubt it.

Reply to
JC

if you were to spring for an x-runner you'd have the best of both, imho.

Reply to
?reality

I gave up on ford when they screwed me on a defective silver paint job that just flaked off (1980's). I have not bought a damn thing from them since. So....if your choice is ford -vs- toy .....

Reply to
Eric Reis

Eric, I'm not arguing that Ford is better than Toyota but, want to point out an exception. First, we have a lot of Ford's in the fleet where I work, mostly due to they are the cheapest on price bid. Quite a few of the p/u's with painted bumpers have paint going bad and Ford won't do anything about it. My 2001 Tundra has painted bumpers and have been a problem since new. The front bumper is the 3rd one and the paint is just starting to go bad and Toyota won't do anything about it yet and the 1 yr. replacement warranty will run out soon. The paint on the rear bumper went bad and after the area rep looking at it and several snafus in getting a replacement from Toyota (mostly the dealers fault) they authorized painting the rear bumper in the dealer's body shop. I tried to get them to do this from the start and they wouldn't. While I admit the dealer and Toyota have done a lot more than Ford will/would have, they are telling me that the truck is out of warranty and there will be no more bumper repairs. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about this but, I'm not happy. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

I've a 2001 Taco with color keyed bumpers down here in the land of obnoxiously large bugs (Florida) and my bumpers are right as rain despite all of the vigorous scrubbing. You may have bad paint. Auto manufacturers (sp?) don't make paint, they buy it. '91 was a terrible year for black and grey. Witness all the hondas, chevys and dodges of that year... They are white on all surfaces parallel to the ground. This majorly sucks I know, but if you really like your ride, get it painted anew. Despite all of the money we pay for our vehicles, we are still buying human made products from human salespeople. I don't think consumers should pay for manufacturing errors, but Toyota is a juggernaut of happy customers. I would politely suggest that you drive whatever extra miles to do business with a dealer who is not volume based. I bought my truck not realizing that TOYOTA OF ORLANDO IS A VOLUME BASED DEALER. I have my work done at a neighborhood ASE wrench, he keeps me satisfied, and has online records of everything he's done to my truck.The first and only time I went to the dealer, at 7:30 am (when they open) it took 4 hrs to install a liscense plate and 1 rear brakelight

Reply to
?reality

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:35:23 -0600, "davidj92" found these unused words floating about:

3rd replacement going bad ... see if your state has a "Lemon Law" that you can use against them!
Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

Reply to